Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My first C.S.A.

My refrigerator is full of vegetables...

If you asked me a couple years ago if I would pay a sizable lump sum for a weekly random selection of vegetables I would have said no.  When you take the granola, go green, buy local message out a C.S.A (Community Supported Agriculture) Share is just that.

After much campaigning from my husband I decided to consider a C.S.A. share this year.  Financially it actually made sense, compared to the cost of organic veggies at my local grocery store I would end up saving.  Considering the best interests of marital bliss it made sense, my husband both loves eating vegetables and me for bringing them home.  And for me personally it made sense because it was a challenge.  I challenged myself to design my weekly menu around these amazing organic veggies...and fruit, did I mention I got the fruit  share too?

 This week:
 1 Bag Spinach - Certified Organic - Autumn Blend Organics
 1 Bunch Asparagus - Certified Organic - Coyote Run Organics 
 1 Bunch Rhubarb - Certified Organic - Elm Tree Organics
 1 Bunch Spring Garlic - Certified Organic - Life Enhancing Acres
 1 Bunch White Scallions - Certified Organic - Friends Road Organics
 1 Bunch Red Leaf Lettuce - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
 1 Bag Arugula - Certified Organic - Meadow Brook Organics
 1 Bunch Red Scallions - Certified Organic - Sweetaire Farm
 1 Bag Baby Bok Choy - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
 1 Bunch Dandelion Greens - Certified Organic - Hillside Organics
 1 Package Portobello Mushroom Caps - Certified Organic - Mother Earth Organics

 Recipes and pictures from this weeks dishes coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment